A little while ago I posted about this dress. That’s because I thought I had finished it – How wrong I was!
Let me start by saying I did not make this project easy for myself.
I decided that I wanted to make this dress out of a sheer material. This meant that I would need to line my dress, (I bought some black sheer to do this with). My master plan was to simply cut two of everything, sew the matching pieces together and then sew the dress together as usual.
However I soon discovered that my carefully cut pieces were in fact mega crooked.
But I decided to plough on and sew the pieces together anyway as I figured the dress would be loose and probably wouldn’t matter too much.
I got the dress together and was doing the finishing touches and giving the hem a final press when the electricity shorted, the iron got really hot and burnt a hole in the skirt!
*Sigh* So I removed the elastic, unpicked the skirt, cut a new skirt, sewed the sides together, attached it at the waist, attached new elastic, hemmed it and pressed it again.
And finally it’s done!
With this pattern I found that the top is quite loose and the skirt to be quite tight (despite having the measurements for a size S). If I was to make this again I would definately add about 3-4 inches to the width of the skirt so make it loose fitting all round and less bunchy on the bum:
I added a hook and eye at the top of the neck instead of a button.
Overall: I think I made it a lot more difficult for myself by choosing a sheer fabric that needed lining. However once I make the adjustment of adding a couple of inches to the width of the skirt I’ll definately be making this skirt again.